These terms and conditions are to ensure that we provide a positive, inviting, and comfortable
environment for all Patrons. This is also a Risk Warning. These terms and conditions also
regulate your rights and our obligations in important ways. We ask that you read and by
signing upon sign up you acknowledge this document.
– DOOLEYS Health and Fitness (the Facility) is a section within DOOLEYS Lidcombe Catholic
Club Limited ACN 000 963 244 (the Club).
– Membership of the Facility means the right to make reasonable use of the Facility in
accordance with these terms and conditions (Conditions).
– You agree to pay joining and membership fees at ruling rates as they fall due under the Club’s
ruling arrangements in place from time to time for your type of membership and usage, and
in addition to Club membership fees. Ongoing Facility membership is strictly conditional on
you being up to date with payments. That includes (where applicable) paying renewal fees
for any subsequent period.
– Membership cards must be presented on every visit to the Facility. Entry may be refused if
a membership card cannot be presented or is not current. You must maintain Club
membership to continue as a Facility member. You may not enter the Facility if your Club
membership has expired or has been terminated or suspended.
– You must also observe the requirements of the Constitution and By-Laws, and reasonable
directions, of the Club.
– The Club at its discretion may terminate your Facility membership agreement without prior
notice for any non-compliance with these Conditions or any behaviour or action that the
Club deems inappropriate.
– You must complete a pre-exercise health check if required by the Club before participating
in any activity within the Facility.
– Membership commences from the date of your membership application, unless otherwise
agreed in writing.
– The facilities and services available may change without notice. Changes do not affect your
– Membership is personal and may not be lent, sold, swapped, redeemed or transferred (that
also applies in relation to single visit memberships). You must present your membership card
for admittance and may be refused admittance without a card. You may be required to pay
a fee for replacement of a lost or stolen membership card. Your membership of the Facility
and the Club are liable to immediate termination if anyone else makes use of your
– You are not guaranteed a place in any group exercise class as numbers are limited for safety
reasons, nor guaranteed access to particular equipment or at a particular time.
– Membership entitles you to make reasonable but not excessive personal use of the Facility
and any free-of-charge services as they are available within the Facility from time to time,
shared in common with other users.
– The Club reserves the right to adjust, cancel or reschedule any Group Exercise programme.
The actual facilities and services, and hours of availability are adjusted at the discretion of
the Club. There may be special requirements for advance bookings or charges for special
arrangements or services. The availability of a particular facility or service at a particular time
is also dependent on the availability of particular staff or equipment and on the level of usage
– For safety reasons members are not allowed entry to any Group Exercise class more than 10
mins after it starts or after the “warm up” component of the class has been completed.
Members are advised to arrive 10 mins prior to the commencement of a class.
– For safety reasons you must not bring children into any dedicated exercise areas or to leave
them unattended. The Club accepts no responsibility for children either brought into the
gym or left unattended in any area of the gym at any time.
– You must remove personal items from lockers at the conclusion of your training session. Any
items left in lockers at the close of business may be treated as abandoned and removed and
discarded or recycled by the Club.
– The Club may close part or all of the Facility for a special occasion or for repairs or
refurbishment, from time to time. You are not entitled to any suspension of membership
fees, extension of membership or refund where a particular closure is by decision of the Club
and for not more than 2 days, or is caused by anything beyond the reasonable control of the
– The Club takes no responsibility for any personal belongings whether or not left in lockers
or storage areas provided.
– All Facility memberships are refundable if cancelled within 7 days of joining. However from
any refund the Club holds back fees and charges for any services utilised including
assessments and programmes within that period (at the ruling separate rates) and also the
joining fee. After 7 days memberships are not refundable.
– The Club reserves the right to refuse entry to the Facility on any particular occasion, without
giving a reason. Any patrons under the influence of alcohol or drugs are excluded if detected.
Abusive, disruptive or offensive behaviour and language are not permitted.
– No pass outs are issued.
– You must not bring any video camera or other camera or recording device into the Facility.
While the use of mobile phones and/or iPad type devices is allowed, these devices must not
be used to take or make any video, photo or recording.
– Patron’s bags may be searched.
– No pets or animals are permitted in the Facility, with the exception of Guide Dogs.
– Items and areas within the Facility must be used solely for their designated purposes and
– Direct debit membership sales do not accrue Club rewards points.
– The term ‘Full Memberships’ includes Lifestyle Direct Debit, Flexi, 6 and 12 Month upfront
Direct Debit Memberships
– All direct debit payments are managed on behalf of the Facility by a third party billing
– Direct debit memberships cannot be purchased using DOOLEYS Rewards points.
You may place your membership on hold with 14 days written notice.
– You must give 2 full fortnightly payments written notice to exercise any right stated in these
Conditions to terminate your membership.
– You cannot terminate a FLEXI Membership unless you make a minimum of 2 full fortnightly
– A fortnightly membership continues indefinitely until you terminate by giving the required
2 full fortnightly payments notice.
– With a Lifestyle Direct Debit membership, you must complete the minimum term (26
fortnightly debits) and then may terminate at any time by giving the required 2 full
fortnightly payments notice.
– To exercise a stated right to terminate your membership you must complete a termination
form at the Facility reception. Notice of termination cannot be given by phone or email.
– If you wish to terminate your membership within the contract term stated on the Direct
Debit form, a $200 exit fee applies.
– If you are within a contract period and permanently re-locate 10km or more away from
DOOLEYS Health + Fitness, you may cancel your contract so long as you supply official
documentation showing your new home address, have made 7 fortnightly payments and
give 2 full fortnightly payments notice, as per the standard cancellation process.
– A direct debit membership cannot be cancelled while the account is on hold. A member
wishing to cancel their membership must come off hold and give the appropriate 2 full
fortnightly payments notice to cancel.
Corporate sponsored memberships
– Corporate sponsored memberships are still personal memberships and are based on a
Lifestyle direct debit membership minimum payment term of 2 payments.
– Separate rates apply depending on the number of employees sponsored.
– You must produce proof of sponsorship.
– When sponsorship cease on termination of employment, normal Facility membership rates
apply from then on and are your personal responsibility.
On hold periods
– Complimentary “on hold” periods apply to Flexi, lifestyle, 12 and 6 month upfront
– The minimum single hold period is 7 days.
– Lifestyle, flexi direct debit memberships and 12month upfront can be placed on hold free of
charge for a maximum total period of 4 weeks per calendar year; and can be extended
further for up to 12 weeks at $5 p/fortnight.
– 6 month upfront memberships can be placed on hold free of charge for a maximum total
period of 2 weeks per calendar year; and can be extended further for up to 6 weeks at $5
– 10 Visit passes are not entitled to hold unless a medical certificate is provided prior to the
start date of the hold period
Transfer of Membership
– You may transfer your direct debit or 6 and 12 month upfront membership for a $40 fee.
– The person taking over the membership will need to live out the remaining minimum
payment term left over by the original member, as stated on the contract term.
– The membership rate for the person who the membership is being transferred to will default
to the most up to date membership rate for that category as advertised on the membership
price list with the exception being foundation membership rates.
– No joining fee applies when upgrading to a ‘full membership’ from a 10 Visit Pass providing
the membership is initiated within 4 weeks of the 10 visit passes expiration
– An upgrade between direct debit memberships can only go from a flexi to a 26 payment
Refer a Friend Offers
– DOOLEYS Health + Fitness members on a Lifestyle, Flexi, 3, 6 or 12 Month Upfront
membership who refer a member on any of the above mentioned membership types will
receive 2 weeks free at DOOLEYS Health + Fitness.
– All promotional offers are limited to the terms and conditions produced with the offer.
– A joining fee of $99 applies to both Upfront and Direct debit memberships
– If renewing your membership within 1 month of expiry, no joining applies. However if you
re-join after that, the joining fee applies.
Casuals / 10 Visit Pass
– 10 Visit Passes are valid for 3 months from the date of purchase
– Visits not used within three months from date of purchase time will be forfeited
– Casuals are not entitled to an assessment or exercise program.
– All casual users must sign in at the Club reception before every visit.
– To be eligible for a senior 10 visit pass a current NSW seniors/pensioners card must be
shown at the time of purchase
– Fitness Australia guidelines recommend that all males over the age of 35 and females over
the age of 45 have a medical assessment including an exercise ECG and cholesterol and lipid
count before commencing an exercise programme.
– Always read any exercise advice carefully.
– It is strongly recommended that you ask a staff member to guide you as you choose the
most suitable class or programme.
– Always work at a low level on your first visit or after a long break from training and
concentrate on learning to do the exercise correctly.
– Be sure to limit yourself to a pace where you can still talk comfortably.
– If you suffer any illness or condition in the future, you must tell us so that we may update
– The Club hopes that all users will have an enjoyable and rewarding time and that proper
use of the Facility will have health benefits. However, any activity carries inherent risks and
no one can guarantee there will never be a mishap.
– You use the Facility and participate in any activity at the Facility entirely at your own risk.
– Serious harm and even loss of life could result from an accident or from an unexpected
equipment breakage or from an action of someone else using the Facility or from a direction
or suggestion of a member of staff. Following signage directions and safety rules should
reduce but does not remove the risks.
– Each time you attend the Facility, you represent to the Club that you are in appropriate
physical condition and that you know of no medical or other reason why you should not
engage in whatever activity you intend or actually do undertake at the Facility, without
detriment to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of you or anyone else.
– Staff and other persons who may work within the Facility, are not medically trained and are
not qualified to give medical advice or to make a medical assessment of your physical
condition or your fitness or health. Any health screening, check or recommendation is not a
medical assessment and is only to provide suggestions that you need to carefully consider in
light of your own circumstances and medical advice you should obtain from your doctor.
– The Club strongly advises you to take medical advice prior to undertaking any exercise
program or other physical activity, if you are in any doubt about your condition or fitness.
– The Club makes no representation regarding the suitability of the Facility (and in these
Conditions wherever the context permits, any reference to the Facility includes each item,
facility and service provided in connection with the Facility) or the manner in which the
Facility operates or is used.
– Any liability that the Club would otherwise have in any way in connection with any service
provided to you or your use of the Facility under any guarantee under the Australian
Consumer Law relating to death or personal injury, is excluded to the fullest extent permitted
– These Conditions overrule any other form. These Conditions prevail even if they are
inconsistent with anything in any earlier or later correspondence, form or other document.
– You indemnify the Club from and against all claims, loss, damage, costs and expenses to
the extent caused or contributed to by your negligence or illegal or unlawful act or breach
of any of these Conditions or resulting from the impounding or removal of anything that you
bring into the Facility.
– The Club does not waive its rights by delay or non-enforcement. No waiver or variation of
these Conditions is effective unless in writing signed by the CEO.
– You must not undertake any commercial activity of any nature within the Facility without
the prior written consent of the Club and you must use the Facility only for personal
recreational use. You must not conduct any personal training or exercise instruction of any
kind; or any lottery, raffle, guessing game, game of chance, side-show or competition on or
near the Facility, without the prior written consent of the Club and other necessary
– You must not be involved in nor permit any television, radio or other communication
medium broadcast from the Facility or the environs of the Facility.
– From time to time the Club will take photos/video for promotional purposes. While the
Club will make every reasonable effort to request permission to use your image for any
promotional purposes, on occasion your image may be used without permission and you
authorise this use including authorising others to use your image in relation to any
representation of the Facility.
– In some cases particular goods or services may be provided within the Facility by other
parties including in some cases other parties with whom the Club has a contractual
relationship. Any claim as a result of anything done or omitted by any such other party
(whether or not payment has been made through the Club) must be brought against and is
the sole responsibility, of that other party and not the Club. You release the Club from any
claim in connection with any act or omission by any such person.
– Facility use and entry conditions and other like conditions, where relevant, apply in addition
to these Conditions.
– You may be removed from the Facility if you do not follow these Conditions. You must
observe and comply with all signs, requirements and directions and all laws and regulations.
– Whether or not lockers are provided, the Club does not accept responsibility for any loss or
damage to any item that you bring to the Facility even if inside a locker even when locked. If
lockers are provided, you may be required to pay an additional fee for use or to replace a
lost or stolen key. Any locker is only available on a sessional basis and also subject to other
conditions specified in any locker area.
– These Conditions are legally binding and enforceable by the Club. Any bolding is for
additional emphasis but does not affect the interpretation and all Conditions apply and are
HYGIENE – Towels must be used on equipment at all times. Towels are available for hire or
sale from reception for $3. As a courtesy to other members, body deodorant must always be
IMPORTANT – You may only use Club parking facilities whilst you are on the premises. You
must remove your vehicle if you are leaving the Club premises. All early morning users must
show their membership card to the parking attendant on entry and park as directed in the
designated car spaces only. In the interests of other members, car parking is not to be used
at other times. It is a serious breach of member obligations to leave a car in the car park
when not using the club facilities. A breach of this requirement is a basis for disciplinary
action including termination or suspension of Facility and Club membership without any
refund of unused or unexpended fees.
– I acknowledge that I have been given the option of choosing a membership based on a
fortnightly billing agreement and have chosen to pay my membership by periodic billing /
pre-pay my entire membership fee. I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand
these conditions including the risk warning and indemnity conditions.
Please see next page for Group Exercises Terms and Conditions.
• You must be a current DOOLEYS Lidcombe Catholic Club member and have
completed DOOLEYS Health + Fitness Pre-Exercise Questionnaire form before
attending any classes.
• You must download DOOLEYS Health + Fitness app, and create an account in order
to book a class or please see gym staff if you are a guest or have any questions.
• A place in any class is not guaranteed, as spaces are limited in accordance with our
booking system and capacity limits. It is recommended you arrive 5-10 minutes
• If you book a class, do not cancel at least 20 minutes of the class start time, and do
not attend, there will be a 24 hour class booking suspension on your account.
• You can cancel via the App at least 20 minutes before class start time or call us on
• If you would like to attend a class, you need to participate in the majority of the
class, at your own pace and level of fitness. We do not allow any member/guest to
sit and watch for long.
• For safety reasons, member/s may not be allowed entry to group classes after the
“warmup” has ended (approximately 5 minutes into the class). You may lose your
spot if you arrive more than 5 minutes late for class.
• To maintain a high level of general hygiene, always use a towel in class, including
• For safety reasons, please ensure any clothing or bags are stored correctly
(lockers are available) so floor space is clear of any tripping hazards. Do not leave
• Ensure the equipment you use are returned to it’s correct storage location and
placed back neatly after use. Please wipe down mats, equipment and/or flooring
before & after use.
• If it is your first time participating in any class, please be early and inform the
instructor before commencement of class. Any injuries/pregnancies please make
sure you have a medical clearance to exercise.
• Throughout any class, participants must take everything at their own level of
fitness from beginners to advance. Any training that involves high-intensity
physical activities, members are advise to take everything at their own pace,
participate as a recreational activity and do so at their own risk in all respects.
• All classes are subject to change/cancellation for any reason, extreme weather
and/or unforeseen circumstances, at any time without notice.
• Seasonal and regular changes to our group exercise timetable and/or instructors
are up to the discretion of DOOLEYS H+F Management.
GENERAL GROUP EXERCISE
TERMS & CONDITIONS for members and guest
• The air conditioner, fans, instructor mic and music may be used in classes at the
discretion of the instructor. Under no circumstances are members permitted to
adjust controls on any lights, audio visual equipment, fans or air conditioning at
• Filming or photography of any kind by any members are not permitted without the
prior permission of DHF Management.
• You consent DOOLEYS Group, to take and use digital images, photographs or
videos from class for use in internal and external promotional materials. These
materials might include printed or electronic publications, websites and social
media. You further authorize the use of these materials without compensation.
All negatives, prints, digital reproductions shall be the property of DOOLEYS